1. Be proactive. Do not react. Take initiative. Assume responsibility. Focus your energy within your own circle of influence. Focus time and energy on things that you can control and change.
2. Begin with the end in mind. Clarify your values, principles, beliefs, and attitudes. Visualize the ideal. This is the mental creation. Imagine. Write down your mission statement. Cast a vision for your life.
3. Put first things first. Prioritize. Make the right choices and take the right actions. This 3rd habit is the convergence of habits 1 and 2. This is the physical creation.
4. Think win-win. Be a person of integrity. You must know and believe that life is not a zero-sum game. In life, you should approach relationships with a spirit of cooperation.
5. Seek first to understand and then to be understood. Communication is one of the most important competencies in life. Listening, reading, writing, and speaking are foundational. Be empathetic. Be compassionate. Be patient.
6. Synergize. Think team work. Combine your strengths with those of others. 1+1=3 or more when there is positive synergy among teammates. Value differences and combine strengths strategically.
7. Sharpen the saw. Take care of yourself. Cultivate your mind, take time to rest, engage in creative play, strengthen your body, nurture your spirit, and eat healthily. Live a balanced life.